I would like to thank everyone that took the time to stop by our booth at the Home and Garden Show in Fall River last weekend. It was great to see so many people excited to get their yards in shape and landscape projects started this spring. Never mind great to see some live flowers! I would also like to congratulate Regina Gilbert for winning our Landscape Design Giveaway at the Show!
I also wanted to share a handout that I gave out during my seminar at the show on Saturday titled: How to enhance your curb appeal and sell your home for more money! Please feel free to contact me anytime firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions. I am sharing the handout here below:
Are you thinking of selling your home? Would you like to sell your home for more money? Then you may want to wow potential home buyers with their first impression by implementing some of these landscaping tips to sell your home for more money. You don’t get a second chance at a first impression. So make it a memorable one!
Various studies have shown over the years, an attractive and well-maintained landscape can add as much as 10 to 15 percent to the value of your home. Also, if turnaround time in selling your home is a factor, curb appeal is important to 71 percent of homebuyers when choosing their home, according to a 2013 National Association of Realtors survey.
Landscaping tips to enhance curb appeal and sell your home for more money:
1. Keep it Simple- As a professional landscape designer, the number 1 priority that I hear from clients is “low maintenance”.
2. Clean it up- Going back to that 1st impression. People want to see a meticulous well-manicured landscape.
3. Think Color- Add some annual plants to your landscape beds if you are planning to sell your home in MA during the spring, summer or fall.
4. Another low cost enhancement is to use planters on front steps and even window boxes.
5. Focal Point- Every yard needs some sort of focal point to create that extra impact in your curb appeal, whether it’s a beautiful tree, island landscape bed or water feature.
6. Install a patio or outdoor entertaining area- It’s a great return on investment!
7. Landscape Lighting- If you think your house may be shown at night what more dramatic 1st impression can you make than a beautiful showing of your landscape lit up at night.
8. Year round visual interest- An easy way to do this is to add some evergreen plants and to also add some plants that will produce berries. These are great effects for the winter months.
9. Appeal to the Masses
10. Don’t be extravagant in your choices! Remember you won’t be living here.
For those of you that don’t know, I am also a successful Realtor with Jack Conway which truly makes me an expert on this topic.